Monday, March 9, 2009

On Writing a Novel, Entry #11

I kicked butt tonight. Probably 2000 words, maybe 2500.

Didn't blog post and stayed up way too late, but got a lot of work done.

A fight between Sammy and Lydia. Tension between Sammy and Mr. Vonachen. Rising action. Blah blah blah I hope it doesn't become melodramatic, but I do not think it will, I do not think the characters (and the depth of said characters) would allow it.

I am encouraged tonight and know that my dream is attainable. It is as if at the end of a long corridor, and in the corridor is a rapid current flowing towards me, a river I must find a way to travel upstream and past. And so while the going is slow and the terrain treacherous, I am making progress, I see my goal, and I see others who are no different than myself up ahead of me, and that is enough to press forward.

No comments: