Friday, March 23, 2007

I've been told to blog.

Lately I've gotten from three sources an urging to blog. So I'm trying it, though I'm not sure how long it will last. I'm also slightly hesitant to put some of my writing online. Honestly, my journal is a sacred place to me - its violation would probably be the most damaging thing someone could to to his or her relationship to me.

So it's hard for me to think about writing for the whole world to see. Sometimes I think my ideas aren't important enough to throw out on the web. Sometimes I think my ideas are too important to not be better guarded.

And now starts the experiment. I will probably post writings I am particularly proud of, with the hope of every writer - that someone will read them and care. I will probably post some of my more social thoughts, the ones that confront the state of mind we are in now, today, as twentysomethings. Probably some Jesus things too, that seems to be a pretty lasting part of my life.

No comments: