Monday, June 8, 2009

Wing Commander, reporting in.

It's early in the morning, and I didn't sleep much last night.

But what I did do is start writing again. I wrote about 5 pages--1500 words--a re-birthed my dedication to the novel. Poor Sammy has been living in stasis (and in the midst of a crisis, I might add) for a month now. But the guy's getting along now. Home to visit dad and bro, then off to discover America, I suppose.

My temptation this morning as I'm sitting here is for a titanium spoon. Yes, a titanium spoon: 16 ounces, extra long handle (good for cooking while camping), durable, etc, etc. Also probably for all the use it'd get, a waste of $7.95. I think metals like that (titanium, tungsten, and so forth) always remind me of Privateer. Perhaps that why I want to buy them: I'm buying a memory, a piece of childhood. I'm buying summers playing video games with the Jordans, who introduced us to the joy of Privateer, Civilization...and later (in a way) Jesus.

Perhaps I'm buying back innocence.

The introduction to Privateer (don't know how to embed video...that would be something good to learn. [And...learned!]

No comments: