Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Some Thoughts on Life and Writing

I think I've fallen off pace of my 50 books for the year goal. I'm going to try to add it up soon--it's been so long since I stopped keeping track, it's going to be a task to go back and add them up--but I'm sure I'm not in the high-20's range that I need to be.

I did supplement my reading few delightful (and, in terms of my goals, delightfully short) books of poetry, and have focused the bulk of my personal writing on poetry. Poetry--or rather, good poetry--is so new to me, that it feels like learning to walk. Yes, I have been exposed to plenty of poetry throughout my life, and there are even some highly acclaimed poets that I've enjoyed reading, but I have learned so much in the last six months that it really all feels new.

So I'll start posting some poetry here, poems that I am proud of, and seeking to publish in the "real media" at some point.

No comments: